NeurAbilities, a company dedicated to helping neurodiverse individuals through our collaborative team of medical, behavior and psychological experts, is looking for Advanced Practice Nurses – APNs and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners -CRNPs to join our team of professionals.
Advanced Practice Nurses – APNs and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners – CRNPs will provide a wide range of mental health/behavioral health services to patients in a clinic or office setting to promote the health and wellbeing of neurodiverse individuals. These services will include mental health assessments, treatment and diagnosis, and prescribing medication to patients with mental health concerns.
Advanced Practice Nurse – APN and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner – CRNP duties include:
- To assess, diagnose and treat the mental /behavioral health needs of patients.
- Provide consultation/education to patients and families.
- Order diagnostic tests when needed.
- Provide medication management to patients following office policy and complying with formulary and state regulations.
- Provide routinely scheduled follow up to clients who need this.
- Provide autism evaluations when needed for a diagnosis.
- Consult with physicians and other staff members as needed regarding a case.
- Collaborate with other interdisciplinary professionals within the practice to provide optimum treatment to patients.
Advanced Practice Nurse – APN and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner – CRNP qualifications and requirements:
- Master or Doctor Level of Science in Nursing as an Advanced Practice Nurse from a state approved and accredited school.
- State Certification as an RN/Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN) (NJ and PA required).
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Board- Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- CDS/DEA license required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with a pediatric population and with children with autism and other developmental disabilities is preferred.
NeurAbilities, a company that supports neurodiversity, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to celebrating and supporting all diversity for the benefit of our company, our clients, our employees, and our community. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, parental status, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo drug testing in accordance with company policy